Thursday 9 July 2009

FO: Seamless Kimono

I've have finished the first of the two jumpers a friend has asked me to knit for her granddaughter. This is the seamless kimono.



Have I mentioned before how much I love seamless knitting. No seaming = bliss. I knitted this with Bendigo Woollen Mills alpaca. This is the second time I have knitted with this alpaca and I have to say that it is a delight to work with. In fact I like it so much that I am seriously thinking of getting some for myself to knit myself a Tangled Yoke cardigan.




I have finished the border for my Summer Squares Golden Eye shawl but would like to add one more repeat. I fear that I might not have quite enough yarn to do so. The people over on the Summer Squares group have been exceedingly helpful by calculating my yardage and other helpful suggestions. I've decided to take the risk and add one more border repeat before doing the edging. I will put in a lifeline just in case I run out of yarn and need to rip back.



I have completed the third Summer Square. This is the Dulcimer knitted in Bendigo Woollen Mills 4 ply cotton and will form part of my blanket.

6 comments:

T. said...

You are busy busy!! Love the kimono.

Domie's Mom said...

I just love the shawl. Can't wait to see it finished.

And the kimono is beautiful. Love the buttons. So cute:)

twilight website said...

Oh ! i love the kimono, specially the buttons look awesome.

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see this blanket :) those kimonos are great! not long now till Bendigo Show, are you getting excited? ;)

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Love the Kimono jumper. I have never tried seamless knitting but it has to be an improvement over seamed knitting.

Bells said...

Cute kimono!! I love the Bendi alpaca too.