Monday 13 July 2009

Juno Regina revisited

Remember sometime ago I started Juno and frogged it? Well I have cast on again. This time I am using Naturally Dawn 2 ply lace. This is a lovely 50/50 silk/wool blend and seems perfect for something as regal as Juno.



I have reached the point of the two row repeat for the next 42". So this project will become my holiday knitting in August. We are going on a bit of a road trip and this project seems the appropriate travelling partner.





I have completed the next square in the Summer Squares project, the Violin. This one is knitted in cotton and is part of my blanket project. It can also be part of a Quartet to form a shawl. I'm very tempted to do this but I fear it will have to wait a while.





I have started on the second jumper for my friend's granddaughter. She wants me to knit this pattern. And I am knitting the jumper in Bendigo Woollen Mills Classic 8 ply in Cherry Red.

I think this will become my "resting" project while I am knitting the edging for my Golden Eye shawl. I frogged my extra border repeat because I realised that I would definitely not have enough yarn left for the border. Now its time to knuckle down and get that edging done.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Knuckle down!
I brought 4 projects with me to my summer job- most of which are intended to be Christmas gifts- and well I haven't done much knuckling down

Mary said...

I love the new Juno! I liked the other yarn, but it wasn't right for this pattern - I think this one is stunning.

I hit the wall with my edging today, decided that if I looked at it for another minute I was going to go crazy, so I caught up on my squares too. Yours are going to be such a pretty blanket.

T. said...

Love the new Juno Regina! The colour is awesome.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I love the looks of Juno. I bet that yarn is yummy soft.

LenaL said...

I really looks forward to see how the shawl will be when it's finished. It's such a lovely colour as well as the pattern.

The sweater will be great for a little girl!

Take good care of yourself